Sunday, June 27, 2004

What I Created Yesterday but Mailed Today (qbdp # 11), and What I Received Yesterday but Found Today

I was away from home last night, so I created some fidgetglyphed postcards last night and mailed them today and so I didn’t receive Saturday’s mail until today.


From Arenella

This time, Roy sends me a simple, yet interesting visual poem of the word “FOTO,” the letters of which are so arranged that they suggest lenses and framing. The pseudo-cancellation (“23 June 04 – 254 p/c”) includes a rubberstamping of a camera. A fifteen-cent “Photography” stamp completes the scene. Again, we have before us multiple features of the photocard (N.B.) that draw our focus back to one point.

Oh, and the U in my surname is capped with a Panama hat. Again, a pun for my benefit.


Roy Arenella, "FOTO" (26 Jan 2004)


To Others

I discovered that I still had a number of copies of the postcard “Photomontage 5” by jwcurry and Maurice Lucier, so (as I was falling asleep and barely able to control my shaky hand) I wrew a fidgetglyph seven times on the back of seven of these cards. These cards decorated with “SYSTemIa” became qbdp # 11. I sent the cards out to the following people:

1/7 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/7 Bob Grumman

3/7 Roy Arenella

4/7 Matthew Shindell

5/7 kiyotei

6/7 Carlos Luis

7/7 qbdp


Geof Huth, "SYSTemIa" (qbdp # 11, 26 Jun 2004)

un violon d’ingres

No comments: