Saturday, July 10, 2004

A Rare Unnumbered Arenellanism and lakeeast (qbdp # 15)

Still Point, Garlock Road, Caroga Lake, New York

Received

A postcard from Roy Arenella, one I possibly should not even record here. It comments on a mailart postcard, but isn't mailart itself. It is correspondence: Roy has not numbered the card, the card is merely a bought postcard, and Roy doesn't add the traditional pseudo-cancellation and Roy Arenella postcard address/message separator. The card merely notes another coincidence: That the postcard I sent him with "tripl3ts" on it pictures the Pontalba Building, which he and his wife and a friend named Ken visited in New Orleans because it had once been the home of Clarence John Laughlin, a favorite photographer of Roy's.

Prepared for Mailing

Eight postcards of the Caroga Lake Campsite, just across this lake (East Caroga Lake) from us. I circled the location of our camp on the front of the card--though it is hard to make out. The reverse I was less happy with. I left all my pens at home (probably because of the commotion caused by our celebration of Mango Day today), so I had to resort to ballpoint pens, which tend to leave puddles of ink in inappropriate places. I created a small fidgetglyph at the camp tonight and wrew it onto the backs of the cards.

Geof Huth, "lakeeast" (10 Jul 2004)

These are the recipients of "lakeeast":

1/8 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/8 Bob Grumman

3/8 Roy Arenella

4/8 endwar

5/8 kiyotei

6/8 Mark Lamoureux

7/8 Scott McDonald

8/8 qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: