Saturday, August 07, 2004

Maps of Home

When I arrived home yesterday, I was greeted by two small pieces of mailart. Mail makes my day.

Petroglyphic Maps

kiyotei continues his asemic best, but this time he wraws in gold upon the brown backing of a box of popcorn. With three or four different writing systems and a few drawings, kiyotei suggest petroglyphs or maybe drawing upon the skins of animals.

This reminds me that I need to both kiyotei and Roy Arenella to submit some of their asemic works to Tim Gaze's Asemic magazine.


kiyotei, a petroglyphic text (Aug 2004)

A Ways from, Away as, Home

Roy is away from home and sends me a copy of a postcard from a restaurant in Vergennes, Vermont. Upon the reverse of the card (Arenellanism # 325CC--"CC"?), he has created an almost ambigraphic fidgetglyph, one that centers us (as food often does), the simple word "HOME." My surname on the address of the card is an amazing construction of seven vertical lines and two raised dots: |.|||||.|


Roy Arenella, "HOME" (2 Aug 2004)

un violon d'ingres

No comments: