First, I wanted to print (via an inkjet printer) a single visual poem on photo paper. No matter what I tried I couldn't get the poem to print on the paper correctly. Only a tiny bit of the image would print. So I took a screen shot of the poem in its natural environment (PageMaker 6.5), and I was able to print that version onto the paper.
Next, I had to glue fifteen little sheets of paper onto some cream-colored card. I don't relish gluing ever, but I succeeded. Unfortunately, then I had to press the cards flat, so I waited overnight.
The next day, a Monday, I took out the cards and rubberstamped them (with my address and the word "Postcard") and inscribed some colophonic information. By that time, the cards were ready. However, I waited until Tuesday, November 30th, to add the stamps, the addresses, and the notes.
On Wednesday, I mailed them off. On Thursday, I made a scan of my archival version. For two days, I rested. Then, today, I finally wrote this entry.
It takes me a while.
The remarkably lucky recipients of this card, which still curls quite a bit from the glue, are as follows:
1/15 Ruth and Marvin Sackner
2/15 Bob Grumman
3/15 Roy Arenella
5/15 Mick Boyle
7/15 Ruud Janssen
9/15 Reed Altemus
10/15 Ficus strangulensis
12/15 Scott McDonald
13/15 Scott Helmes
14/15 Erin Huth
Geof Huth, "DAY SEE (OHH IIO)" (30 Nov 2004)
un violon d'ingres