Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Painted Envelope

When this painted envelope arrived in my home, it must have made an impression on my son Tim, because he told me over the phone that I'd received some mailart. Until that moment, I had no idea my son even knew what mailart was. I don't spend much time talking to the family about it, since we have enough to talk about (and since they're not necessarily that interested). But Ruud's envelope is covered with dramatic strokes of acrylic paint that suggest a carnivorous garden to my eye.


Ruud Janssen, [Painted Envelope] (23 Nov 2004)

Unknown to my son, I'd seen the envelope already. Ruud is playing with space and time on his weblog, so he decided to post a copy of this envelope on his blog and wait to see if I'd run across it. Since I frequent the IUOMA blog, I ran across the image there before my son found it in our mailbox.

un violon d'ingres

1 comment:

Ruud Janssen said...

Hi Geof,

Like the stamps the postal office placed on the envelope. Also an interesting thing that your son was so fascinated by seeing this envelope. A great compliment when a child like a piece of art.

Ruud

p.s. your card arrived too and is already on my blog.... Thanks.