Saturday, February 19, 2005

The Front and the Back of Jukka-Pekka Kervinen

Way back on the 25th of January, Jukka-Pekka Kervinen, the master of the visual manipulation of text, sent me the following digital postcard, front and back.


back
Jukka-Pekka Kervinen, "zerone" (Front, 25 Jan 2005)

It is interesting that most of the digital postcards I receive have two sides, since there is no real need to address them.


Jukka-Pekka Kervinen, "zerone" (Back, 25 Jan 2005)

Jukka has so distorted his source text that we cannot really perceive text anymore, but if you go to one of his websites (go to "mailXart" and follow the links) you will be able to see the tendency of his work towards increasingly abstracted text. Jukka explains this card thusly:

Thought to send this digital card to you, at least
it arrives before my next 'manual' version :-) !
I am studying and learning to use image editor,
I have always made my computer images by little
programs which I have written many hundreds, never
tried to compose these 'manually' by some software.
This and few current images in my blogs are made with
that editor, very interesting and also challenging
program !

un violon d'ingres

No comments: