Wednesday, April 06, 2005

An Envelope of Poem: "all of it of now" (qbdp # 48)

Hampton Inn, Room 369, Victor, New York

When I wasn't reading Robert Lax tonight, I was working on this mildly complicated little mailart mailing. I'd planned it sometime last night, so I arrived in Victor with some of the pieces prepared, but I had to figure out what to put on the card.

Starting from the outside, I began used a small cream envelope made out of laid paper, and with the premlip on the side instead of the top edge. I added a stamping of my return address in black on the premlip, the recipient's address in red, and a giant Native American crafts stamp (for US recipients). Inside the envelope, I added a card, folded in half, and made of blood-red laid paper. I added the colophon in pen to the back of the card. On the front of the card, I drew a title doodle followed by a small barely-visual poem I wrote tonight.

The poem is barely visual because I left the tittle off every minuscule i, except for the i in the word spring. Welcome to the warmer season.

Every envelope also include a little mailart announcement or enclosure that I'd received in multiples from one of my mailart correspondents.

The recipients of "all of it of now" (qbdp # 48) were the following:

1/12 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/12 Bob Grumman

3/12 Roy Arenella

4/12 Ruud Janssen

5/12 Jassy Lupa

6/12 Mick Boyle

7/12 Nadja Sayej

8/12 RF Côté

9/12 Reed Altemus

10/12 Jukka-Pekka Kervinen

11/12 Gail Fischer

12/12 qbdp

Here's a view of my mailart-creation station in the hotel in Victor, New York:


Mailart Station, Victor, NY (6 Apr 2005)


Geof Huth, "all of it of now" (6 Apr 2005)

un violon d'ingres

No comments: