Monday, June 27, 2005

Perception and Reading: "self seen" (qbdp # 70)

Chautauqua Institution, Chautauqua, New York

This cards had a slightly strange genesis. I wrew the four-color calligraph on the front of nine found cards while at Caroga Lake yesterday. Then, as I rode in a car a colleague of mine drove to Chautauqua Institution (in the southwest corner of New York) on our way to a meeting, I addressed as many of the cards as I could. Once at the Institution, I noticed it had its own post office, so I decided to write quick notes on the cards and finish addressing some of them and mail them from there so that they'd receive Chautauqua postmarks. I actually spent the night in Williamsville, New York, as this post makes clear.


Geof Huth, "self seen" (27 Jun 2005)

The recipients:

1. Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2. Bob Grumman

3. Roy Arenella

4. Ruud Janssen

5. Reed Altemus

6. Christopher Fritton

7. Scott Helmes

8. Dan Waber

9. qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: