Monday, September 05, 2005

Slipped into Place: "2 Cuts" (qbdp # 95)

Still Point, Caroga Lake, New York

Yesterday, when I was still quite ill, Nancy and Tim and I and my in-laws and Nancy's sister and her family went to the Fonda Fair in nearby Fonda, New York (which is the ancestral home of Henry and Jane and Peter Fonda). The fair was as it always is, so it was modestly interesting, and I used up many tissues as I blew my nose. One of the exhibits, however, included a selection of cards printed on "an 1865 Gordon foot powered printing press using antique letterpress cuts" (or etchings). I collected a few of these, and had enough copies of two of them to put together a small mailart mailing. After writing three-line poems and their titles on two of these cards, I slipped them into small envelopes for delivery to eight people.


The recipients of "2 Cuts" (qbdp # 95) were

1/9 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/9 Bob Grumman

3/9 Roy Arenella

4/9 Ruud Janssen

5/9 John M. Bennett

6/9 frips

7/9 Jassy Lupa

8/9 Dan Waber

9/9 qbdp

un violon d’ingres

No comments: