Sunday, October 02, 2005

Le violiniste en rose

Back almost two months ago, frips made another one of her cardboard cards with stitchings and all manner of other additions. Both sides of the card are beautiful amalgamations of stamps, stampings, carving prints, stickers, stitching, and her own mirror writing.

frips is some kind of modern-day Leonardo who writes these perfect little notes to me backwards. I can read the mirror-writing fairly easily, but I usually read these notes in my bathroom mirror, since that is faster. And when I see the text in the mirror, I am always amazed that she has been able to write (even over the rough topography of her cards) a perfect mirror writing that looks absolutely natural in the mirror.

In this note, she praises my modest writings about the mailart I receive. Then she talks about all the inescapable questions about mailart: Is it worth the time to manage a mailart blog? Is it worth the time even to create and send the mailart in the first place?

My answer: We can never know if the mailart is worth our own time. But if we touch someone on the other side, it's worth it where it counts.


frips, Le violiniste en rose (9 Aug 2005)

un violon d'ingres

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yur site rox!
Ders a reason
ray johnson
jump'd offa
bridge n not
a buildin'?
U B Bridgin'