Sunday, November 05, 2006

Blue Lake, Blue Word (qbqp # 118)


qbdp # 118: "S/&" (5 Nov 2006)

The Hotel Saranac of Paul Smith's College, Room 412, Saranac Lake, New York

I drove up to Saranac Lake today (a Sunday, of all days) with a couple of colleagues. We will be giving a day-long workshop tomorrow in this pretty little village in my Adirondacks. It's good to be back in the mountains, and this is a nice little hotel, but I'm tired and made only the simplest of cards tonight. I've been carrying around a tiny little fidgetglyph for a while, and tonight was finally the night I wrew it in blue onto a vintage postage. On the way here, we stopped in nearby Lake Placid and visited the famous bookshop, With Pipe and Book. I found a rack of vintage cards (for a steep 75 cents apiece) and bought a couple of sets of cards.

Tonight's card appears on the back of a painted card of "Blue Mountain from Main Street, Blue Mountain Lke, N.Y. Adirondack Mountains." It was a blue-themed card of a blue-named mountain and a blue-named mountain's lake and a blue-named mountain's lake's hamlet, so I had to pick it up. Also, I love Blue Mountain Lake for many reasons.

The literal handful of recipients of "S/&" (qbdp # 118) were as follows:

1. Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2. Bob Grumman

3. Roy Arenella

4. Dan Waber

5. qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: