Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Letter to Garcia, et al. (qbdp # 119)


"Dear _____" (qbdp # 119, 28 Nov 2006)

The Inn at Houghton Creek, Room 12, Houghton, New York

Sometimes, I'm a bit too ambitious, and tonight was one of those times. I decided to take twenty large postcards I picked up at the beginning of the month at the Hotel Saranac of Paul Smith's College and to write a faux epistle on the back of it to just as many people as I had postcards. The process of writing this multi-colored letter was time-consuming, but I'm drawn into the mesmery of this kind of work, even as I wear myself out (temporarily, at least) doing it.

The recipients of "Dear _____" (qbdp # 199) were as follows:

1. Bob Grumman

2. Ruth and Marvin Sackner

3. Roy Arenella

4. Dan Waber

5. Lisa Jr & Elizabeth Zois

6. Dees Stribling

7. Jay V. Stribling

8. frips

9. RF Côté

10. Ficus strangulensis

11. Mick Boyle

12. Haje Holmström

13. Pati Bristow

14. fat red ant

15. Pablo Wright

16. richard canard

17. Guy r. Beining

18. Miguel Jimenez

19. Guido Vermeulen

20. qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: