Monday, December 06, 2004

From Top to Bottom, Roy is There

Arriving in my mailbox along with a dramatic envelope from Ruud Janssen was a quiet photocard by Roy Arenella. The image on the front of the card is of a small house sinking into the grey earth (which Roy has amended with some white ink scratched into the emulsion).

On the back of the card, Roy explains himself: that he covets my third floor (where I have my office, work area, library, archives, museum--and a spare bedroom and bathroom. Well, maybe. But I'm still a bit crowded in that space, and I sure don't keep it neat enough much of the time!

This mailing of Roy's is numbered 475 p/c, and includes some enigmatic figure walking in the pseudo-cancellation mark. This figure appears to be an X, surrounded by a rectangle, which is topped with a head and supported by two little legs walking towards the top of the postcard.


Roy Arenella, "Between A & C" (12 Jan 2004)

un violon d'ingres

No comments: