Saturday, October 28, 2006

Scentsing Scomething (qbdp # 117)


qbdp # 117, “S(¢)ent” (“Obverse” 23 Oct 2006)

Westin Governor Morris, Room 401, Morristown, New Jersey

Today was a full day of meetings at the Mid-Atlantic Regional Archives Conference, but I wrew a large number of fidgetglyphs as I listened to the talks today. This was good, because I've been carrying a set of five notecards (with envelopes) and “Pôeme” perfume cards (with the scent sprayed on them) for a few weeks now--just looking for a way to used them.


qbdp # 117, “S(¢)ent” (“Reverse” 23 Oct 2006)

The richness of the day's fidgetglyphing gave me the chance to use a few of the fidgetglyphs for this one project. I used “S(¢)ent” on the back of the envelope, just below the premlip. I wrew “pöemot” (Philippe Billé’s translation of “pwoermd”) on the back of the perfume card. And the “message” inside the notecard was the three-line fidgetglyph “paper.” Along with these items, I included a single penny in each envelope, to complete the scent/sent/cent pun.

The lucky recipients of “S(¢)ent” (qbdp # 117) were as follows:

1. Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2. Bob Grumman

3. Roy Arenella

4. Dan Waber

5. qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: