Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Unknown (qbdp # 113)


qbdp # 113, "nk" (10 Oct 2006)

Sheraton Syracuse University, Room 634, Syracuse, New York

I'm staying in a hotel that is essentially on the campus of Syracuse University, where I received my first master's degree, and where I used to teach freshman English. As a matter of fact, right across the street from this hotel is a building where I once taught a class.

I arrived in Syracuse late, so I made a simple qbdp, using four copies of a postcard of a typewriter poem by Gustave Morin, "Oil to the Savant=Garde." Gustave's scrawled signature even graces the back of this card, fitting in with the four-line fidgetglyph I wrew there.

The recipients of this card were as follows:

1. Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2. Bob Grumman

3. Roy Arenella

4. qbdp

un violon d'ingres

No comments: