Friday, August 20, 2004

Erasing Birch with a Knife:
"Loonless Pond" (qbdp # 22)

"Loonless Lake," near Pharaoh Lake, Town of Schroon, New York

I'm in the woods with my family, but this is a night away from home so I am supposed to create mailart.

To solve this dilemma, I collected birchbark during our walks in these woods. Back in my tent, I sized them and placed these bits of bark in piles, then I wrote three simple hay(na)ku on each piece. Each poem was somehow about our day here, but none was particularly good (if good at all).

In the end, I wrote on twelve sheets of birch, creating four sets of three sheets.

These are the recipients of "loonless lake":

1/4 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/4 Bob Grumman

3/4 Roy Arenella

4/4 qbdp

The owls are hooting darkly around me.


Geof Huth, "Loonless Pond" (20 Aug 2004)

[Posted 21 Aug 2004 from Caroga Lake, New York]

un violon d'ingres

No comments: