Tuesday, November 09, 2004

the all-seeing eye becomes (qbdp # 37)

Hampton Inn, Room 115, Williamsville, New York

Another night in a hotel room, away from home, and I still have to prepare to give a presentation on document imaging tomorrow. But first I had to create a new mailing. It's been a little while since my last overnight (a couple weeks?), so I have many people to repay with a mailing. Also, I wanted some heft to the visual poem this time, so using my thick art markers I created a four-color asemic fidgetglyph that I call "the all-seeing eye becomes."


Geof Huth, "the all-seeing eye becomes" (9 Nov 2004)

I've inscribed each glyph upon a large, thick, blank postcard (Canson Montval, 140 lb/300 gsm), and sometime later tonight I'll write each correspondent a note. Each card sent to a correspondent in the US is completed with a stamp form the "Art of the American Indian series." These stamps are huge and colorful and sit on the back of the card along with blue, green, black, red, and reddish-brown inks.


Geof Huth, Reverse of "the all-seeing eye becomes" (9 Nov 2004)

The lucky recipients of this mailing are as follows:

1/12 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/12 Bob Grumman

3/12 Roy Arenella

4/12 kiyotei

5/12 Mick Boyle

6/12 Qpidoremix

7/12 Reed Altemus

8/12 Scott McDonald

9/12 Ficus strangulensis

10/12 Scott Helmes

11/12 Erin Huth

12/12 qbdp

un violon d'ingres

4 comments:

kiyotei & aimee said...

Thanks Geof!

This is my favorite fidgetglyph so far.
A digital cave painting of extraordinary clarity.

take care my friend.

Geofhuth said...

kiyotei,

Yeah, I kinda like this one, too, tho it's quite an aliterary one of these. I wanted to make sure you got one of these, but boy I got worn out making these babies at night in that hotel!

So I assume yours has arrived?

Geof

kiyotei & aimee said...

Arrived . . . Yes!

I am sending your reciprocal corresponDANCE today.

Thanks for the wonderful descriptions of art received, it is a pleasure to read how the mail art stimulates your tongue (and fingers). I am always amazed at how easily you decipher my punzles.

Take care

kiyotei

Anonymous said...

Got it... Very primal feeling it has..very nice.