Friday, April 29, 2005

The Cheeks of Our Typefaces: "wiimmy faces" (qbdp # 53)

Marriott Trenton Lafayette Yark, Room 532, Trenton, New Jersey

Breaking with the pattern of including Ruud Janssen in each of my recent mailings--sorry, Ruud!--I created a mailart mailing with the smallest list of recipients ever: four. The ostensible reason for this was that I had only four of the same size of 140lb Canson Montval Watercolor paper cards. But it took me a long time to create each instance of the fidgetglyph for this mailing. I used my fine-point retractable fountain pen to outline and fill in each of the letters on these cards. I took at least twenty minutes per card just to wraw the glyph. Because of this, I wrote only very brief notes on each card.

Here are the few and fortunate recipients of "wiimmy faces" (qbdp # 53):

1/4 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/4 Bob Grumman

3/4 Roy Arenella

4/4 qbdp


Mailart Station, Trenton, New York



Geof Huth, "wiimmy faces" (28 Apr 2005)

un violon d'ingres

No comments: