Saturday, July 02, 2005

The Potato Alphabet Begins

Dan Waber is the man of many projects. He has scores of poetic/artistic projects wriggling up in the air around his head at every moment, and this card of his is the beginning (well, at least at my end) of the latest.

I'm a connoisseur of pwoermds, so I was quite happy to receive this imaginative and playful example of the visual pwoermd. And the word "buble" (with or without a capital B at its center) I find quite delightful. It suggests a big bubble to me, one about to burst, and the large B, with the circular holes in its side, helps to support this idea.


Dan Waber, "buBle" (23 Jun 2005)

For a little while, I wondered what Dan had used to stamp this B. Then I remembered he had been asking around about potato prints. So here we have the most artistic example of a potato print I have run across.

un violon d'ingres

No comments: