Saturday, October 01, 2005

Lumbering Like a Crayon: "ess/eM" (qbdp # 98)

Holiday Inn City Centre, Room 923, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Yesterday, I arrived in Milwaukee for the second time in less than a year. I arrived early enough in the day that I could meet the visual poet David Baptiste Chirot and visit the renowned Woodland Patterns Book Center. All of this took up so much time, late into the night, that I once again created my qbdp mailing in the morning today.

After David left last night, I found a tiny scrap of one of his lumber crayons (which he uses to create his particular brand of visual poem, the rubBEing), so I sketched with that until I designed the fidgetglyph I used on this card. Once again pressed for time, I wrote only brief two-line messages on each card, and each message merely described, in some manner or another, the visual poem on the other side. On my own copy, I inscribed this sample message:

The shadow
of wind.




The recipients of "ess/eM" (qbdp # 98) were

1/10 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/10 Bob Grumman

3/10 Roy Arenella

4/10 Ruud Janssen

5/10 Dan Waber

6/10 Musicmaster

7/10 David Baptiste Chirot

8/10 Fat Red Ant

9/10 Gustave Morin

10/10 qbdp

un violon d’ingres

No comments: