Monday, May 02, 2005

Another Five

Ruud Janssen knows of my attraction to fives, which has to do with many things: the date of my birth, the number of my siblings, common forms of counting. So he sends me the fifth envelope in a series of seventeen. The outside of the envelope is pretty much a traditional painted envelope of Ruud's, but not quite; it's a bit different, not as representational, and not covering the whole envelope.


Ruud Janssen, 5 of 17 (24 Mar 2005)

Inside the envelope Ruud includes a stiff sheet of paper entitled "Repetition." One bit of text appears three times on this page:

Some mail-artists seem to be doing the same things year after year.

I think Ruud's figured me out!

un violon d'ingres

2 comments:

Ruud Janssen said...

Hi Geof,

Currently in Heidelberg (Germany) I discovered your new entry. Did I fugure you out? Not really. But if you say so, you problably are trying to convince me.

Some think to know what I am doing. Let them. Maybe they do....

Ruud

Geofhuth said...

Ruud,

Yes, I was joking as much as you are now!

Take care in Heidelberg. Send some good mail. I've got some nice paintings of yours to put up.

Geof