Saturday, May 28, 2005

In Contradiction with the Sky

The illusive Gustave Morin sent me the postcard below, which reproduces an old Subtle Journal of Raw Coinage, one I released back in March of 1988, the year before my son was born, when I still lived in Horseheads, New York. I love to see this recontextualization of my work--and to be reminded of the rough-hewn methods I used to create some of my micropublications in the past.


SJRC # 7, Postcarded by Gustave Morin (26 April 2005)

On the back of the envelope, Morin writes a note that covers every available open space. He writes quite a bit in this space and included everything except his address. My response to him has been delayed because of this, but Ross Priddle has kindly sent me this contact information for Morin, which I reproduce here for the advantage of anyone who has received mail from him but no return address.

Gustave Morin
COMMON GROUND
c/o Mackenzie Hall
3277 Sandwich St. West
Windsor, ON N9C 1A9 CANADA

un violon d'ingres

No comments: