Sunday, May 01, 2005

Lizard-Bird-Dragon-Marmoset

From Jassy Lupa, there arrived in my mailbox last March another wonderful card. On one side of the card is this image of a neo-post-Victorian man, a Phillipine stamp illustrated with a marmoset, and some gene-spliced beast that appears something akin to a bird with talons for horns.


Jassy Lupa, Talon-Horned Birds (21 Mar 2005)

On the reverse, she includes one of her detailed carving prints and a brief note. Both sides hold together (image, carving, postage stamp, and pseudo-cancellation mark) as one.

un violon d'ingres

2 comments:

Jassy Lupa said...

Geof hi!

Thank you for posting this collage.

I have been gone a couple weeks and haven't been able to get back to my mailart. I appreciate your recent posts to me. Especially the poem, but also the postcard from Monticello, NY.

My second grandchild was born a week earlier then expected (4/28)and the birth was rather interesting and beautiful. Do you want a copy of the birth story, or would that be kind of stranger then strange?

My art is about at a standstill, so it may be a week before I catch up on my stack of mailart which is about 9.5 inches high right now!

Greetings and blessings......

Geofhuth said...

Jassy,

Never any rush. I'm always behind. (See this entry for evidence.)

Please do send the birth story. Being a father who always was around for the birth of his children, I have an interest in such things!

Geof