Saturday, August 06, 2005

Corrugated Mailart

frips is the only mailartist I have much contact with that uses corrugated cardboard as a medium to any great degree. It's quite wonderful to hold in my hands a weirdly tactile piece of handcut corrugated cardboard to which frips has machine-stitched a digital print of some kind. These are her photocards.


This one (from June 29th) illustrates a city tree (it looks like a sycamore from my vantage point) surrounded by a metal grate, upon which rests a small red bundle that seems suspiciously dangerous and obviously not. frips finishes the card with a little note to me written in mirror writing. She wishes me a great summer at the beginning of that season, and I write about this card half-way through the season.

un violon d'ingres

No comments: