Saturday, August 06, 2005

The Edge of the Photograph

Roy Arenella is back producing maximaphilately. He sends me a card congratulating me on qbdp # 77, and tells me he has to buy himself some of those "W I D E brush pens" I use. So he illustrates his pseudo-cancellation mark with rubberstamp printings of two pen nib, he used a "public education" stamp (which includes a quill in its tableau) to send me the card, and the photograph on this photocard is strange, hard to make out: Entitled "From Street Level," we siee what appears to be finishing marks in concrete, lines that remind us of pen lines, but the photo breaks off into black suddenly, and we can see the sprockets of the negative, and there is in the corner what appears to be a little bit of perforated paper, the serrated edges of which I'd swear have been traced with a pen.


un violon d'ingres

No comments: