Saturday, August 27, 2005

Errors Poststalled: "The Correction of the Alphabet" (qbdp # 92)

Still Point, Caroga Lake, New York

Today, on my mother's birthday, I spent the day out at Caroga Lake. I had more time than I usually do in hotel rooms during my travels, so I created a new typoglyph for my collection, Out of Character, and I also created an errata sheet for those people who had received one of the five misnumbered qbdp's. Strangely, since I sent these cards primarily to the same few people over the course of my vacation, I needed to make only eight copies of this mailing.


I entitled today's typoglyph "The Correction of the Alphabet," partly to commemorate the corrections I included on the errata sheet. I printed these glyphs off with my in-laws' computer printer.


The errata sheet itself is part of qbdp # 92, the first correctly numbered issue in a while, and it is the only part of the issue that includes the qbdp number at all.

The recipients of "The Correction of the Alphabet" (qbdp # 92) were

1/8 Ruth and Marvin Sackner

2/8 Bob Grumman

3/8 Roy Arenella

4/8 Ruud Janssen

5/8 Karri Kokko

6/8 Jassy Lupa

7/8 Angela Genusa

8/8 qbdp

un violon d’ingres

No comments: